Effective December 31, 2015 FAASST Motorsports will be ceasing operations at Pueblo motorsports Park
The Faasst Motorsports operations contract has not been renewed with the City of Pueblo, in spite of our attempts and requests to do so.
When asked to discuss our renewal, we proposed $1.5 Million in park improvements and asked for a long term lease for proper return on investment. Faasst had acquired investors and partners eager to make these park improvements a reality.
The suggested improvements included:
- Replacing the drag strip timing system and scoreboards with a new updated system
- Rebuilding the road course out and around the drag strip (no more T10 issues)
- Widening and repaving the long drag return road
- Incorporating the new long drag return road into a new and longer road course design
- Rebuilding and repaving the entry road to the park
- Improving the road course run off areas with the addition of gravel traps
- Building a skid pad, a kart track and a moto-x track inside the facility
- Improved bleacher seating and improved pit / paddock parking surface
- Pit garages, additional storage and more....
The Pueblo City Council questioned our ability to make the improvements and said "no" to a long term lease. They then decided to put the park back out on RFP. Our investors and partners, therefore, have removed themselves from the park improvement project. It will not happen.
Faasst Motorsports has been invited to bid on the future track operations. We are choosing not to.
If you have dates reserved at PMP for 2016, there are no contracts in place and no deposits being held. You are free to work with the new track operator once the City chooses one, or you may move your 2016 dates to another racing facility. Keep in mind, the RFP will be public Jan 1, bids are due Jan 29. The operator selection process will begin Feb 1 and the selection / contract negotiation process can take weeks or months.
We wish the City of Pueblo the best with the operations of Pueblo Motorsports Park.
- Faasst Motorsports